All My Updates

This page lists all the site updates. These are short posts that describe the events in my life. These posts are frequently added here, but have less content than the blog post or the article pages. I like to post one everyday so that I can go back and check what series of changes for an extended period of time. These site updates also track the progress of various projects. Some of them might contain funny stuff, anything that can entertain the readers of these sites. Hope you enjoy them.


The tutorial is finally completed. I am proof reading it, still have to attach the source code. Once both are done, I can send the tutorial to code project. This is not too bad, just before I move out of MI, I was still able to finish a tutorial.

There is no progress made to the first blog post. I was quite busy with other things. Once the tutorial is done, I will go back to the the blog post.

For the next tutorial, I will repackage the same sample application with Angular JS. It will make the 4th tutorial for this year. I will complete this at the new home, out of MI.

Stapes JS Tutorial Completed

Han Sulu
CodeProject Tutorial
CodeProject, JavaScript, Programming Tutorial, Stapes JS

I am working on the Stapes JS tutorial right now. It is about half way done. As I have mention on the previous update. It should be done within a week. I am making good progress.

I am also writing the first blog post. It is my summary of why I wrote this blog engine three times. It will be a detailed account of what efforts I have put into the project itself. The reasoning behind the decisions I have made. And probably how happy I was that everything worked out as I have expected.

Anyways, I am going back to writing the blog post for a bit more. Then I am heading to bed. It is 11:13 PM as now. Things are going pretty well.

The Stapes JS Tutorial and The First Blog Post

Han Sulu
CodeProject Tutorial
CodeProject, Recent Progress, Reflection, Tutorial

Last night, after posting the last site update, I went back to the Stapes JS sample application, and did some clean up of the code. The first thing I did is replace the select drop down with a drop down menu provided by Bootstrap 3.3.7. The other change I made is to fix a bug. What I want is every time I type a character in the text area, the change will immediately show up in the HTML preview area. It was not working quite right before. And I fixed it.

The sample application is done, in a acceptable state. Now I can start the write-up of the tutorial article. It will take roughly 3 days to a week to complete. Hope it will go as smooth as the sample application.

The Work on Stapes JS Tutorial

Han Sulu
CodeProject Tutorial
CodeProject, JavaScript, Programming Tutorial, Stapes JS

For the past two days, I was working the sample application of the Stapes JS tutorial. It was completed. But the code is pretty ugly. It is adequate to make my point clear. The sample application is a HTML editor. Once I am done with this one. I will rewrite it with AngularJS.

For the AngularJS one, I have planned to make it a reusable component, which can be easily added to any application. This is the kind of small project that I should work on right now. The big project that takes years to complete is too taxing, physically and emotionally.

Anyways, I will clean up the source code for this Stapes JS sample application, then started to write up the tutorial. It should be complete in a week or so.

I Am Working on Stapes JS Tutorial

Han Sulu
CodeProject Tutorial
CodeProject, JavaScript, Programming Tutorial, Stapes JS

This is my very first update for this site. At this moment, the COVID-19 pandemic has been going around for a while. Then there is the civil rights protests just happened a week ago. I have been trying to stay out of these. My focus is mainly on this site. I have created two projects pages. The first is used to track the bugs found so far and fixed. The other page is to track the codeproject.con article submission. The project pages looks very good. All the functionality I have used so far are all working greatly, far exceeding my expectations!

The other work I have done is installing Linux Mint using VMWare Player. I installed it a while back. At that time, nothing worked. This time, everything works. I installed all the software I wanted. And everything works as expected. But despite all these good thing. Linux is still buggy. I guess VMWare player is partially blame. Anyways, I should write a blog post about my experience. Right now, I am working on my article submission. After it is done, I shall get on the blog post on Linux.

My Very First Update

Han Sulu
General Updates
Life News, Project Update, What's New

Page 2 of 2